Richard Hannon's colt on Criterion watch

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, June 27, 2012


Richard Hannon's colt on Criterion watch. Top-class juvenile Harbour Watch has been entered on Saturday for a possible initial begin of the season within the John Sunley Memorial Criterion Stakes at Newmarket.

Richard Hannon's colt is unbeaten in 3 starts and ended last campaign as Britain's highest-rated two-year-old following his most up-to-date victory within the Richmond Stakes at Goodwood.

Now part-owned by Qatar Bloodstock, Harbour Watch missed the Dewhurst Stakes and then the 2000 Guineas through issues and it had been announced by connections before Royal Ascot that he would stay up for this seven-furlong cluster 3 event.

"I've left him within the race however i do not apprehend if he runs nevertheless -it depends how he's employed on Wednesday," said Hannon.

It would not be the softest of comebacks as Mick Easterby has entered Hoof It, third in last year's Sprint Cup.

Hannon's recent Listed winner Libranno and Eton Forever, who took the Buckingham Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot, may even be concerned, in conjunction with William Haggas' Firebeam and sensible handicappers like Edinburgh Knight and Dimension.

Red Art, who was fifth within the Horris Hill Stakes on his final begin as a two-year-old, may even be concerned, however has another entry during a handicap at Chester on identical day.

Trainer Charlie Hills told his web site, www.charleshills.com: "We're trying forward to seeing Red Art back in action as he suffered a setback throughout the spring."

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment