Jockey Andrew Thornton aims for September return

Posted by Unknown on Sunday, July 22, 2012


Go Go Go Horse Race: Jockey Andrew Thornton is getting to be back in action by the top of September when undergoing keyhole surgery on his knee injury.

The Cheltenham Gold Cup-winning rider sustained the injury when his mount Robbie fell at the last within the Mansfield Chad Handicap Hurdle.

He left the course in an exceedingly wheelchair and solely learnt the total extent of his injury on Tuesday, before being operated on later within the day.

"I had everything done yesterday - no messing about! I had a scan, an X-ray and then keyhole surgery at the Ridgeway (Hospital)," Thornton said.

"I had surgery on my left knee to pin my Anterior Cruciate Ligament back to the bone. the nice news was that there was no injury to the ACL.

"My surgeon said it normally happens to youngsters therefore I felt young there for a minute!

"Hopefully i will be able to be back in six to eight weeks, most likely nearer eight, and i will be in an exceedingly knee brace for 3 weeks.

"If it had to happen, this can be most likely an honest time as it's quite quiet currently and i will be back and raring to travel at the top of September, all being well."

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment