Royal Ascot | KITTY ROCKETS TO QUEEN MARY GLORY

Posted by Unknown on Saturday, June 23, 2012


Royal Ascot | KITTY ROCKETS TO QUEEN MARY GLORY. Ceiling Kitty claimed a fiercely-run Queen Mary Stakes at Royal Ascot for Tom Dascombe.

Although overwhelmed on her initial few starts, the youngster came sensible with victories in an exceedingly Kempton maiden and a Listed race at York.

Dascombe had a way higher fancied filly within the cluster 2 contest within the form of Upward Spiral, however that one might solely end fourth as Ceiling Kitty claimed prime honours at 20-1.

Showing lots of speed from the outset, Richard Kingscote's mount passed the post with a length in hand over the fast-finishing Hoyam, nearly breaking the course record.

Hairy Rocket was an equivalent distance away in third.

Dascombe said: "It's nice not only for me except for Andrew Black (owner) who bred her also.

"Richard Kingscote was fantastic. He did not specifically choose her, she was picked for him, however he was pretty assured. She's as onerous as nails.

"The alternative filly (Upward Spiral) has run good it's simply that there was nothing quick enough this aspect to guide her.

"I suppose Upward Spiral is that the higher horse however simply not nowadays. this can be all concerning Andrew Black, he is been wonderful|a tremendous|an incredible} support to me and to induce a winner here for him is amazing."

Looking to the longer term, Dascombe said of the winner: "She's currently won a Listed race and a gaggle 2 thus it does not very matter what we have a tendency to do, however we'll ought to provide six furlongs a go currently."

Black, co-founder of Betfair, said: "This is my initial correct home-bred winner here, I claimed the mother for £17k, i am speechless.

"I knew she was sensible thus I place 1/2 her up on Betfair as a part of a contest.

"I guess after I place her up for the competition I did not grasp she was {as sensible|nearly as good|pretty much as good} as she was however then after we detected I felt quite good concerning it and therefore the four individuals are here and have had an incredible expertise."

Michael Bell said of Hoyam: "It was a awfully sensible run, perhaps it'd are higher to possess had another run before this as she simply lacked a little of expertise. She's a filly with a future and we'll cross-check the Princess Margaret or the Cherry Hinton."

Richard Hannon jnr said of the third, furry Rocket: "She's solely small however she ran a brilliant race and there have been no excuses. Hopefully she'll win a pleasant race before the summer is out. perhaps the St Hughes at Newbury or the Cherry Hinton."

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment